Natural Ways to Banish Dry Skin
Dry skin can be a pesky problem. And sometimes it’s hard to tell whether a certain lotion will help to get rid of the dry and flaky skin. Fortunately there are some great natural remedies that can help you. Here are ten of the best.
1. Olive Oil - Olive oil is great for moisturizing your skin. Dab a small amount of olive oil onto wherever the driest areas of your skin are. Massage it in well so that your skin can benefit from the great moisturizing qualities of the olive oil. To get rid of extremely dry skin, leave it on overnight.
2. Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is so great for your skin because it is high in oils and contains natural emollient properties. This means that you can get the maximum quantity of moisture and the best coverage.
3. Honey - Honey is another good moisturizer as its sticky consistency and the antibacterial qualities help to relieve any inflammation and also nourish your skin. Honey can be used alone or with another kitchen remedy for your dry skin. When used as a cleanser, rub a small amount of raw honey all over your dehydrated skin. For best results, apply by using your fingers or a cotton ball. And when used as a facial mask, do the same as you would for a cleanser. Just leave on for 15-30 minutes.
4. Yogurt - Yogurt is high in lactic acid which is good for exfoliating the skin, tightening pores, and stimulating collagen production. The lactic acid is needed so that you can remove the dry and flaky skin form your body and replace it with smooth skin. When applying in the morning, cover your face in yogurt, then remove with a splash of cold water. At night, your skin can benefit from a yogurt mask made by mixing yogurt and honey.
5. Milk - Like the yogurt, milk has lactic acid in it. The lactic acid can eliminate dead skin cells and make your skin feel moisturized and fresh. Dry areas of the skin are removed because of the fat content in the milk. After applying, make sure you rinse off well.
6. Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera is one of the best ways to soothe dry and flaky skin.
7. Salt - If your dry skin begins to itch, a salt scrub might be the best way for you to get relief from the itchiness. The best way to use this is when bathing. When bathing, just rub the salt all over the areas of dryness. The rubbing of salt will help remove the dead skin cells. Salt can also reduce inflammation.
8. Oatmeal - Oatmeal is one of the best ingredients in removing dry skin. If you were to look at a lotion's ingredients, you’ll notice that oatmeal is often listed as one of the parts that they use. You can try cooking the oatmeal with water and when cooled, apply to your skin.
9. Avocado - The oil of avocados are rich in vitamins, including vitamins A, E, and D. These vitamins contribute to moisturizing and hydrating the skin. To get the greatest benefit from the avocado, combine it with honey and sugar. Put a small amount on and massage into your skin gently.
10. Water - By not drinking enough water, your skin can get dehydrated. Sometimes, just by drinking a glass of water, your skin can become hydrated again.
Using things from around the house to combat your dry skin is a great money saver. And look at all of the great things they can do.